Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ryder's FAVORITE Blueberry Pancakes: NO added junk!

Ryder loves pancakes... especially blueberry, or "bluebabies" in Ryder language! The kid can eat 5 blueberry pancakes in one sitting. He LOVES them.

 I made a big double batch of them for this weekend for Ryder since Austin and I are going on a date WEEKEND this weekend. YES, you read right. Austin & I are going to the beach, alone, for two nights and leaving Ryder at home. His Mimi, GG & grrrampa.. AKA my mom, his great grandma & grandpa are all coming down to spend the weekend with him! he is going to have a blast. A little piece of me is jealous he gets to spend the weekend with them.. but just a teeny piece that is. 

Anyways, I thought id share our favorite blueberry pancake recipe. It is oh so good and not bad for you. My favorite recipe before we found this had sugar in it, but we have cut out refined sugars so I had to give up that recipe and I am not disappointed with our new recipe at all! Hope you enjoy too :)

****(Easy to follow directions and ingredient list toward bottom)****




Start by first mixing all dry ingredients together, whole wheat flour, baking soda & baking powder and set aside. I use Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat pastry flour when making these pancakes. As well as Trader Joe's Aluminum free baking powder. and if you are wondering where the salt is, there is NO added salt! Who needs salt?! 



In another bowl whisk together all wet ingredients, eggs, yogurt, vanilla & milk. I love  what the yogurt adds to the pancakes, thick & creamy taste. We buy Organic plain whole milk yogurt but if you choose to use a flavored yogurt you might not need to add vanilla to it.


Then pour wet ingredients slowly into dry ingredients as you whisk together, looks like this:(could it get any easier!?) : 


Now here is where you can dump in your blueberries OR you can be like me, and place the blueberries into the batter once poured on the griddle. I do this because I HATE when they clump in the batter and aren't evenly distributed though out the pancake (pathetic I know!)

I used an electric griddle today, but you can use a pan, or skillet, doesn't matter. 
I don't spray the griddle or put butter on it, leave it dry and pour mixture on & add blueberries!


Cook on both sides (obviously).. keep cooking until all mixture is gone. and all cooked.. YUUUMMMMMMY


Serve with some 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup.. no more artificial fake maple syrup... this stuff is SOOO much better. ..... and give it a try, to be honest it took me awhile to actually enjoy and CHOOSE the pure maple syrup over the stuff that came out of the container shaped like an old lady! I literally craved that stuff for far too long after making the swtich to pure Maple Syrup. But I can honestly say I prefer the pure Maple over the fake stuff now! Finally ;)  One piece of advice, I have found that I prefer the grade A maple.. bought a different "grade" and was not liking what I was tasting AT. ALL. 



Hope you enjoy them as much as we do in our house!!! 

Here is an "easy to read" recipe: 

INGREDIENTS: 

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 cup Organic Plain whole milk yogurt
1 cup Organic whole milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup for dipping 

DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat griddle to 325-350 degrees. 

2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, flour, baking soda and baking powder-- set aside.  

3. In another bowl whisk all wet ingredients, egg, yogurt, milk and vanilla.

4. Combine wet and dry ingredients together and whisk until no clumps

5. Use 1/2 cup scoop and pour onto griddle or heated pan, add blueberries and cook both sides. (cook times vary) 

6. Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment