Thursday, September 5, 2013

dinners.

meal planning. Do you plan out dinners for the week? We do in our house, and if we don't we wouldn't have anything to eat. (just another "Erika" list) On Sunday night/ Monday morning I make our grocery list and compile our week of dinners. Every week I ask Austin what he wants and the answer I always get is, "oh I don't care, anything!" Austin keeps telling me he wants to  just make two different dinner lists and rotate them every other week. HA nice thought, but I don't think so.

This week we did no planning on Sunday, or Monday because of the holiday. So Tuesday I threw together a quick list of easy dinners and hit the grocery store with Ryder in tow... THIS is what we came up with for the week:

MONDAY: Organic meatballs with spaghetti sauce, Rice (Austin requested rice instead of noodles--odd I know) with shelled edamame.

TUESDAY: Grilled Cheese & Tomato soup with Broccoli (we had been painting all night and we finally ate at 9:30-- this wasn't the "planned" meal but it worked)

WEDNESDAY: Crock pot (my fav) chicken Alfredo with broccoli, bow tie noodles & bread. 
------ EASY- 4 chicken breasts in crock pot, two jars of organic alfredo sauce and 16oz of organic broccoli. Cook on low for 6-8 hours and serve over bow-tie or egg noodles! yum. 
 
THURSDAY: Grilled Steak, grilled zucchini & mashed garlic red potatoes (Austin got a new grill, have to try it out ;))

FRIDAY: Lemon pepper chicken and veggie skewers!

SATURDAY: Nothing planned. Austin and I are running the Warrior Dash so left dinner open. 

SUNDAY: Turkey meatloaf, red potatoes and veggies. 

There you have it. That is dinner. Austin takes leftovers to work for lunch. Dessert isn't big in our house but we do occasionally have ice cream, Trader Joes Ice cream cookie sandwiches are AMAZING. or when I get into baking moods we might have some sweet treat. I need to go marinate the steaks for dinner tonight :) Have a blessed Thursday.

Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment