Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Waiting Expectantly: Matthew 7:7

ever heard of the Holy Bible app? I never wanted to be that person who at church when the Pastor asks us to open to a verse to whip out my iphone.. but guess what. I am guilty. It is convenient, easy, you can change versions in literally a tap of a button and I like it. but it isn't the same as reading scripture straight from the Bible. 

however.

one thing I do like about my Bible app is the "plans." I have been reading a Joyce Meyer devotional: Promises for Your Everyday Life. It is 365 days of a short devotional content and a complimenting verse to go along. I have enjoyed it. But today the devotion really hit home. It wasn't just the "oh i needed to hear that" reaction. it was "THAT is EXACTLY what i was falling into" reaction. I don't want to get too deep into my situation but I have been in the same "rut" for a little while now. Praying hard and feeling like i'm not seeing that breakthrough.. (in a sense). I am not a passive person, but I feel like I was starting to be passive about waiting for God to answer some prayers. but Joyce Meyer's has again helped me see things more clearly. 

This is what my daily devotional by Joyce Meyer read today:  

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. -Matthew 7:7


"Have you been praying about a situation in your life and found yourself waiting for a breakthrough? Are you wondering why the answer hasn't come yet? Do you feel as though victory is passing you by?

Sometimes when we pray long and hard about a situation in our life without receiving any answers, we just learn to live with it. We go on about our business, wondering if or when God will send the answer. But God does hear those prayers, and He's working out the answers even though we may not know all the details. Our situation can change suddenly, quickly, without warning!Until then we can either wait passively or expectantly. A passive person gives up, but the expectant person, on the other hand, is hopeful, believing the answer is just around the corner, due to arrive any minute. His belief is not a passive thing. His heart is full of hope, expecting his problem to be solved at any moment. He wakes up every morning expecting to find his answer. He may wait and wait, but he'll keep asking until suddenly, God turns everything around."-- JOYCE MEYER

Not that I was going to give up on waiting for God to answer but part of me was is wanting to just "forget" about it. Stop asking. stop caring. stop putting so much heart into my prayer. BUT deep down do I feel that is the right path for me? no. I don't. Is it easier? Yes. sure it is easier to just "give up." However, I want to wait expectantly not passively. I want to wait with my heart full of hope and faithful that He will answer and that no matter what the answer I will be content and continue to give all thanks to the Lord. 

that is my ramble for today, a little peak into my heart. and remember, ALWAYS:

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever- Psalm 136:1


No comments:

Post a Comment