Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Looking forward to SPRING!

Ya, so I know I am getting a little ahead of myself. It is technically still winter BUT when I look outside today it is bright and sunny and I am loving it. For those of you who don't know, the first day of spring is March 20th! How do I know this? It's my mom's Birthday!

Anyways.. to get into the Spring spirit I wanted to throw together a quick wreath for our front door. Ryder and I needed to prick up some prints from Staples and Michaels craft store is right across the way. So we popped in there. I had about 20 minutes before we needed to be headed home for lunch and nap time. I threw some stuff in my cart and hit the checkout!

 $4.99 for this grapevine wreath.. who could beat that!? I chose the larger 18" wreath! 


 Grabbed a white "J" because our last name is Johnson. obviously. and Found some fake flowers cheap, $3.99 and 40% off... Not sure the math on that one but it was cheaper than $3.99 so cheap enough! oh and I grabbed a roll of burlap. I wanted a patterned print but when you have a two year old BEGGING to go to the grocery store you take what you can get!

So I didn't take any pictures of the next step because I wasn't planning on blogging about it.. but I just made the bow.. I will post a post on how to make the perfect bow later! Then I started playing with the flowers. I didn't know how I wanted it to look. I was doing this during nap time so I didn't have a ton of time..

   
 I thought I wanted the bow on the top at first. But then i didn't know how I liked the flowers.. (excuse my "HoHoHo christmas pj's & fuzzy socks. If i'm home I like to be comfy!)


THEN I decided to throw the bow in the middle and put flowers on both sides. I tied the J on the wreath with some twine I had in a craft box. I hot glued the flowers on after I ripped the stems off! and tied the Bow on! I think it's cute, easy & "fallish!" Now if only I could find one of many wreath hangers I'd be happy! Right now it's sitting in our entryway. I'm kinda enjoying getting to look at it all day! 

1 comment: