Friday, August 10, 2012

Favorite Finds Friday: Shea Moisture

Before I had Ryder I knew that I wated to use the best & safest prodcuts on him that I could find (without spending a fortune!) I started out with a different product that claimed to be all natural but I wasn't impressed. Then, one day while at Target I stumbled across this wounderful product in my favorite isle of the entire store, the baby isle. It's like a mini heaven to me :) It was on the TOP shelf and the bright yellow label and bold wording struck me, that an the word Organic. Now, have you ever heard the phrase, "Don't judge a book by it's cover?" Well I am queen of judging by labels. I do know that just because I like the label doesn't mean I am going to like the product, I've heard it all, but the way something looks appeals to me! Im human! I will by a product because I like the packaging..



Okay, back on topic. I see this beautiful bottle (and label) and quickly whipped out my iphone, I needed to see some reviews and check some ingredients. All passed my standards and with a starting to fuss 4 month old I threw the wash, lotion & ointment in my cart and headed to check out. I've gotta say, this product isn't cheap, it's not as expensive as some California Baby Products but it isn't your Johnson & Johnson product either. The wash & lotion run $9.99 at my Target, and haven't checked anywhere else.

A few things that I love about Shea Moisture is that it is ORGANIC and the smell of chamomile is invigoratiingg. Plus, all o the products are Paraben, Phthalates, Paraffin, Gluten, Propylene, Glycol, Mineral Oil, Synthetic Fragrance, Animal Testing, PABA, Synthetic color, DEA & Sulfate Free! Granted i'm not 100% sure how unsafe all of those products truly are BUT after some research I'm pleased that my little man won't be in contact with those chemicals on a regular basis.

I have been buying Shea Moisture at our local (45 minutes away) Target. Their website (which is currently under construction) says their product can be found at Target, Walgreens and CVS. If you try this wonderful product please let me know what you think! This is definitely a staple product in our household now.

No comments:

Post a Comment