Sunday, June 24, 2012

Homemade Baby Food!!!

I have been getting a lot of questions about whether or not I am still making all of Ryder's baby food or if I have "caved" and crack a jar of processed baby food. I am very proud to say that I have NEVER given him a jar, pouch or packet of baby food. I have made EVERYTHING for him-- (except for yogurt but more on that later!) 

I stated in a past post that it was my goal to make all of his food and not given him jarred baby food. There were many reasons for us wanting to do this for our little man and we are so happy that we made that choice. I honestly don't think that if I tired to give him a jar of baby food that he would even eat it! His new favorite lunch/ dinner is orozo pasta, mozzarella cheese, sweet potato & a little bit of mango-- all mixed together (NOT pureed, he is over that ha) 

I am SOOOO excited about what Austin and I found today, YOGURT that Ryder loves! We have tried a few different kinds of yogurt and he hasn't liked any and today we found Earth's Best Organic apple yogurt and he ate it up!

We decided that we were going to go all organic for our little man, we researched a lot and decided that it was something we wanted to do. It really isn't that much more expensive and well worth it in our eyes! 

Some of Ryder's favorite foods:

*Chunks of sweet potatoes 
*Orozo pasta
* yogurt ;)
*mango, especially FROZEN!
* puffs

There are many many many more foods he enjoys eating, those are just a few! We love our little man so much and it has truly been an honor watching him grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment